Aviva Imhof Live at the U.S. Senate
Aviva Imhof, International Rivers Campaigns Director, spoke at the U.S. Senate Committee on Foreign Relations, Subcommittee Hearing on Challenges to Water and Security in Southeast Asia on September 23, 2010.
She spoke about hydropower development on the Mekong River basin, and how development must be studied closely in order to avoid negative social and environmental impacts.
Watch the archived video testimony.
(Speaker begins late at about 44:50, scroll forward on the embedded player)
- Coverage begins at 2:00pm EST (11:00AM PST) but seems to be running late, at the moment.
- 11:37 PST The committee is now in session.
- 12:21PM PST Aviva's testimony begins.
- 12:35PM PST Aviva's testimony concludes.
- 1:04PM PST After Q&A hearing concludes.
- Testimony of Aviva Imhof embedded.
Ian Elwood is the Web Producer for International Rivers, he blogs at: