Celebrate Healthy Rivers with Us on March 14
Celebrate the 16th Annual International Day of Action for Rivers with us! This year we will partner with Patagonia, Inc. in San Francisco and Palo Alto to host an exciting evening of sharing river stories. Together with local partner groups and fellow activists, we will share our passion for protecting free-flowing rivers and communities with a slideshow, a documentary and other fun activities. Join us and you will be celebrating rivers and rights with thousands of people around the world.
- RSVP on Facebook for the Palo Alto event from 7:00 - 8:30 pm on Thursday, March 14, co-sponsored by Beyond Searsville Dam.
- RSVP on Facebook for the San Francisco event from 7:00 - 8:30 pm on Thursday, March 14, co-sponsored by the Tuolumne River Trust.
Each event will include:
- A screening of the trailer for DamNation, a film by Matt Stoecker of Beyond Searsville Dam, which examines the history and controversy behind current and proposed dam removal projects in the US;
- a screening of Streams of Consequence by James Q. Martin of Ríos Libres, a film about the campaign to stop five proposed dams in Patagonia, Chile and the existing energy alternatives for the country;
- short talks about local and international river and dam issues;
- storytelling and more.