Rendezvous for Rivers 2012
Mark your calendar for a delectable evening at one of the East Bay's most scenic locations – join our staff, board and advisory board at our 2012 Rendezvous for the Rivers to celebrate the power of people and International Rivers' work in Africa, Asia and Latin America. Celebrating for our second year at the beautiful Lake Chalet in Oakland, we'll once again bring together our community of river and human rights advocates from the Bay Area and beyond.
Date: Thursday, September 20, 2012
Time: 6pm VIP Reception, 7pm Party
Location: Lake Chalet, 1520 Lakeside Drive, Oakland, CA
Guests who pre-purchase their tickets are invited to join us at 6pm for a pre-event VIP reception. By joining us early, you'll have the opportunity to check out our silent auction and bid early on our amazing items. International Rivers’ will also extend 6 months of membership benefits as a thank you for your support of this event. This means you’ll begin receiving our premier publication the World Rivers Review and get invitations to special events, including some brand-new member-exclusives that will be rolled out in 2013. Tickets will also be available at the door starting at 6:30pm.
We're lining up an array of DJs who will be spinning world beats for our guests to boogie. In addition to amazing music, we’ll also screen a collection of magnificent films, including A River Runs Through Us, Xingu Rising and Jane Baldwin’s Kara Women Speak.
In addition to our entertaining program, we are pulling together what will be a truly one-of-a-kind silent auction, which will include:
- Fender Guitar signed by Grammy-award winning artist Bonnie Raitt
- A one-of-a-kind Comet Skateboard with art designed by Kadie Salfi
- Gorgeous necklace designed by Gabrielle Sanchez
- A stack of three boxes filled with delectable tequila infused chocolate from Essence by Chocolate
- Silk Road Teas Gift Backet, complete with a tea tasting for 4
- 8x8 exhibition quality print on archival cotton rag of the main image for the REndezvous by photographer Jane Baldwin
- A pack of 8 Bollywood Bhangra Dance Classes with Dholrhythms and a pair of tickets to NonStopBhangra
- Brewery tour and beer tasting for 10 at the Beach Chalet
- A crisp, 4-hour fall tour for 5 on the Bay for use in September or October
- Pie Baking class for you and up to 9 friends
- A weekend getaway at your own private cabin in Bear Valley
- Dinner for 2 at Camino in Oakland
- Dinner for 2 and a gondola ride at the Lake Chalet
And much more -- including assorted gift baskets from Patagonia, J. Baldwin Windery and EO Bath Products!
Your support of this event – and all the other ways you support International Rivers – helps us carry out our critical work protecting rivers and defending the rights of the communities that depend on them.
Individual tickets start at $100
Host Committee opportunities start at $500
Contact Vickie Bell, Development Director, about joining our Host Committee at 510.848.1155 ext. 301 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Online ticket sales are now closed. Tickets will be available at the door starting at 6:30 pm. See you there!
$30,000 - $1,000
Sponsorship Benefits listed below and now available for download.
For Sponsorship Opportunities, contact Vickie Bell at 510 848 1155 ext. 301 or email@example.com.
International Rivers' email and web presence reaches a cross-section of river, water and human rights advocates globally. Our organization and outreach bring together people of all ages to support and protect our planet's greatest assets – people and freshwater. Partnering with International Rivers as a sponsor provides unique exposure to a broad audience of people who care passionately about the environment and the impact people have on our planet. Further, all event sponsors will join International Rivers' inaugural Business for Rivers Circle.