All over the world, people are fighting to protect their rivers and communities from new dams, demanding compensation for problems caused by old dams, and proposing truly sustainable solutions to their water and energy needs. Your help is critical for their struggles to succeed.
Here are some ways you can get involved!
- From street rallies to online petitions, our community is actively engaged in calling on decision makers to preserve our precious rivers, protect our human rights, and implement truly sustainable solutions to our water and energy needs.
- Through the power of social networks and social media, people are able to organize and connect with each other as never before. Choose where you want to have conversations with us and our partners.
- Since 1998, thousands of people around the world lift their voices to celebrate the world's rivers and those who struggle to protect them every year on March 14. Learn more and get involved!
- We are gathering river stories to inspire, engage, and connect with one another. By sharing our stories and weaving them together, we can paint a powerful image of the importance of the world’s rivers.
- We and our partners host all sorts of events, including community education, talks at universities, celebrations and protests. Find an event near you and join in!
- Each of us together makes the movement stronger than simply the sum of its parts. By becoming a sustaining member or making a donation, you help keep the global movement for rivers and rights flourishing.